Synology Surveillance Device License Packs are designed for expanding cameras, I/O modules, intercoms, access controllers, IP speakers, and transaction devices set up on Synology Surveillance Station. By default, you would have default licenses that come with Synology NAS/NVR; extra licenses can be purchased for additional surveillance devices as your business grows.
Surveillance Station Device License Pack
Synology NAS/NVR comes with default licenses1 that allow you to set up and manage surveillance devices. Synology also provides three options for additional purchased licenses: 1, 4 or 8 Surveillance Device License Packs; each comes with a single license key, allowing you to activate 1, 4 or 8 surveillance devices at a time.
To find out the maximum number of surveillance devices supported on each Synology NAS/NVR, please refer to the specifications of each model.
Under most circumstances, each IP camera, I/O module, IP speaker, intercom, and access controller will only require one license, while each transaction device will require two licenses. However, multi-lens cameras and video servers for analog cameras may require additional licenses.
|Device Type||License Units||Example||License required|
|Regular IP camera||Per camera||AXIS P1347||1|
|Panoramic (fisheye)||Per camera||AXIS M3007||1|
|Synology LiveCam||Per device||Synology LiveCam app||1|
|Multi-lens||Fixed lens||Per camera||1|
|Fixed lenses with independent IP||Per channel||AXIS Q3709-PVE||3|
|Removable lens||Per channel||AXIS F44||5|
|Video server||Per channel||Vivotek VS8801||8|
|I/O module||Per device||AXIS A9188||1|
|Intercom||Per device||AXIS A8105-E||1|
|IP speaker||Per device||AXIS C3003-E||1|
|Access controller (door)||Per device||AXIS A1001||1|
|Transaction device (POS)||Per device||-||2|
License Activation and Management
In Surveillance Station, go to Main Menu > License > then click Add. The installation wizard will guide you through adding device licenses into Surveillance Station.
- The number of default licenses may differ. You only need to purchase extra licenses when your deployment requires more licenses than the default ones listed below:
- Synology NAS: 2 default licenses
- Network Video Recorder: 4 default licenses
- Deep Learning NVR: 8 default licenses
- One license can be applied to one Synology product at a time.
- To activate or deactivate license keys on your Surveillance Station, please make sure you can access the Internet to connect to Synology’s Authorization Server. If your NAS is designed to work in an offline environment, you can use DS cam to process the license authorization.
- Purchased licenses can be migrated, while default license keys cannot.
- If you have deployed Synology High Availability or a CMS failover server, there’s no need to purchase extra license keys for the failover server, as the licenses will be automatically migrated to the failover server when needed.
- Surveillance Station running on Virtual DSM does not come with a default device license.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of your purchased license keys in either paper or electronic form. Kindly note that Synology does not replace license keys.
- Please retain the invoice or receipt you received from the distributor as proof of purchase.
- License authorization requires a registered Synology Account.