Warranty Statement for Synology Products:
- Standard Warranty claim lead time is 10 working days.
- Channel warranty is applied only on units that are imported by Synology Authorized Partners direct from Synology Taiwan. Gray marketed products are not covered under local warranty.
- Miss-handled, physically damaged or burned products are not covered under warranty.
- All Synology Channel products are sold with 1 year remote support. Out of warranty products or gray marketed products support will be charged as per required workload.
- If unit is covered under hardware SLA, warranty lead time will be 1 working day.
- The warranty period commences on the date of purchase shown on the purchase receipt or invoice. You will need to present the receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.
- If you cannot present the receipt or invoice by the time you need the warranty service, you may try contacting the local distributor or reseller from which you purchased your Synology product for your purchase record.
- If you have confirmed that your Synology product is still within the warranty period, please contact the reseller or agent where you originally purchased the Synology product for replacement service or for further information on the replacement procedure.
FAQs Regarding Warranty:
- No, your warranty is effective from the original date of purchase and region where you bought it from.
- No. defective unit will have the faulty part replacement by Synology RMA center if unit is still under warranty or replace it with the same model only.
- No, your warranty continues from the original date of purchase.
- Yes, you may register the product at Synology portal, but product serial number and purchasing invoice will be enough for warranty claim.
- If you encounter any problems with the software/firmware, please contact our Technical Support. Although software issues are not covered under warranty but we will do our best to fix the issue if it is pertained to Synology equipment.
- It is the customer’s sole responsibility to make backup copies of data. We recommend you to back up the important data periodically. Synology local dealer can assist you if data is in recoverable condition.
Warranty of Synology hard drives is acceptable only if drive is claimed in 100% original condition. Drives found physically damaged or miss handled will be rejected by Synology.
- 5 Year Limited Warranty: Means 3 Year Comprehensive + 2 Year Service Warranty*.
- 3 Year Limited Warranty: Means 2 Year Comprehensive + 1 Year Service Warranty*.
- 2 Year Warranty: Means 2 Year straight replacement.
*Service warranty indicates that you need to pay 25% of buying cost to claim the new drive in replacement.
*Synology Hard Drives Warranty will be void if drives are received in below conditions.
|Module Lable Missing||Unreadable Barcode|
|Unreadable Serial No.||Lifted Label|
|Detached or peeled product label||Label missing|
|Sticker broken||Covered breathing hole|
|Hand writing on label and covers label content||Partially broken drive label (Label contents can NOT readable)|
|Dent on Drive||Deep and heavy Scratch|
|Adhesion glue on cover||Damages caused by liquid|
|Missing Pin||Severely bent pins|
|Burnt/rust/oxidation on pins||Heavy broken or connector missing|
|Lifted PCB barcode sticker||Wrong screw mounted|
|Broken PCB barcode sticker||Bent PCB|